The Fabio Leonardi Bologna (FLB) was founded in 1917 with object of being the first producer of tomato milling machines in the world. The company was built in what is now the historic center of Bologna, along the channel of Reno, the river which crosses the city and provides energy to activate the machines.
This Company,in "Via del Porto",was maintained until the second world war when, during the bombings of Bologna, the building was partially destroyed. The industries were in fact considered strategic during the war and thus were targets of bombing. At the end of the war the company was reopened and continued business, expanding to include other products: they purchased from England the patents for the manual meat grinder Elect series, which together with the tomato milling machines are still their main products, but they also offer choppers, ice crushers, graters, etc.
For some years, the company was divided between the two brothers Mario and Giorgio. The first kept the original name while the other one founded the IMCA (Industria Meccanica Casalinghi e Affini). However, the premature death of Mario sparked a reunification and Mark took over the maintenance of Fabio Leonardi Bologna. Read More >>